Learn how to create custom lettering and type-based logos from regular fonts.
A collection of 42 Analog Halftone brushes, textures, and patterns from the mid-1960's - created the old-school way.
Analog Halftones will work with anything you can dream up in Photoshop, Illustrator, Procreate App for iPad Pro, Affinity Designer & Photo.
Just uploaded: a new collection of women's t-shirt mockup templates + 33 changeable backgrounds.
These templates will give your shirt mockups the look of the coolest brands and specialty clothing shops.
Have a look at Shop Shirts: Women's T-Shirt Mockup Templates for Photoshop.
Did you know: Luxury Grunge Textures are also part of T-Shirt Design Master Collection 2, a huge bundle of t-shirt design resources.
What are Luxury Grunge Textures?
This is a collection of 39 gritty and grungy textures that are perfect for your designs, logos, lettering, and illustrations in Photoshop, Illustrator, Affinity, or CorelDraw.
I get the "Grunge," but where does the "Luxury" come from?
Optimized for t-shirt designs. Adding this kind of texture means less ink, resulting in softer, more luxurious t-shirts!
Will the textures work for designs other than t-shirts?
Absolutely. They will work with anything you can dream up in Illustrator, Photoshop, CorelDraw, Affinity Designer & Photo, and almost any other graphic design software.
How to use the textures:
• Photoshop Brush - Load the brushes into Photoshop, Affinity Designer, or Affinity Photo. Select a brush, choose a color, and paint texture right into your design. 4000 x 4000 pixels. Extra versions for all versions of Photoshop CS through CC.
• Regular TIFF - Perfect for use in Photoshop and Affinity Photo. 4000 x 4000 pixels.
• BITMAP TIFF - Ultra high resolution: 12,000 x 12,000 pixels. Best for Adobe Illustrator.
These files are ideal for screen print production & color separations using Illustrator because they have no greyscale; only black or white pixels. When viewed in Illustrator, Bitmap Tiff files have automatic transparency and can easily be assigned any color.
The newest sequel to the Original T-Shirt Design Master Collection is here! A huge bundle collection of T-Shirt Design Resources, Templates, Textures, Workshops & Tutorials.
And the best part: It's STILL GROWING!
One new product will be added to this bundle each month in 2018! Everyone who purchases will receive monthly email notifications with links to download the newest items added to this bundle (at no extra charge).
T-Shirt Design Master Collection 2 currently includes the following items:
APPAREL MOCKUP TEMPLATE COLLECTIONS
Make your t-shirt designs look real in Illustrator, Photoshop, CorelDraw, and Affinity Designer.
Add texture to your designs in Illustrator, Photoshop, CorelDraw, and Affinity Designer.
- Lava Lamp Textures (Added January 16, 2018)
- Snap Crackle Textures
- Bad Photocopy Gradients
- Bad Photocopy Recycle Bin
HALFTONE GRADIENTS & PATTERNS
Use these vector gradients to add a color fade to your logos, lettering, t-shirt designs and illustrations in Illustrator, Photoshop, CorelDraw, and Affinity Designer.
"AUTOMATOR" SMART PSD's
Paste your designs into these Photoshop templates for instant effects.
- Halftone Automator (Photoshop only)
- Distressed Border Automator (Also includes Vector Borders for Illustrator, CorelDraw, and Affinity Designer)
Start your t-shirt designs with these vector elements.
BITMAP & RASTER SHAPES
Excellent for making logos and designs in Illustrator & Photoshop.
FULL LENGTH T-SHIRT DESIGN COURSES
Online Instruction, Tips & Techniques. Watch any time.
- T-Shirt Design Workshop 3: Designing with Photos and Type
- Typographic Logos Workshop: Typography & Lettering for Logo Design
- 9 Product Tutorial Videos Showing how to use the textures & templates.
The purpose of this brand isn't necessarily to sell a ton of t-shirts.
The reason for the brand is to:
- Have fun and make cool stuff - Hawaii, Bali, and surf-oriented subject matter... with a twist. Lots of fresh lettering & logo designs too.
- Showcase brand new design ideas - Most of the designs I make for big surf brands are a year old by the time they are printed and displayed in store.
- Explore new t-shirt printing techniques - Again, no big-brand restrictions with profit margin or concerns for mass-market appeal.
- Show off real-world results using design resources from TheVectorLab - Want to see what Plastisol Textures or Inside Out Reverse Print Textures really look like when printed onto a shirt? Now you will!
Here's one of the recent designs for Voodoo. The texture for this graphic was applied using one of my favorite tools, the Bad Photocopy Texture Template.
Did you know: Bad Photocopy Texture Template is also part of T-Shirt Design Master Collection, the best deal on the biggest bundle of T-Shirt Design Resources.
All the best,
How Hawaii, surfing, and old cars come together in a freelance t-shirt graphic:
In this one hour workshop, we’ll cover:
- How to find and apply inspiration
- The various analog and digital tools you will need to create t-shirt designs.
- How to move seamlessly between Photoshop, Illustrator, and the Procreate App for iPad so your designs come out as good or better than you had initially imagined
- Type layout using Adobe Typekit fonts in Illustrator
- How to incorporate hand-drawn effects into a computer-based design
As a bonus you will also receive:
- All working Photoshop and Illustrator files demonstrated in this class
- A Photoshop texture brush for you to use with your designs
- A custom Procreate App brush for you to use with your designs
What are the requirements?
- Students should have some prior knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator. Skills such as how to scan images into Photoshop, an understanding of layers, and how to size images. This is not a basic entry level course for Photoshop and Illustrator.
Curriculum (video lectures)
- Introduction (01:23)
- Tools and Materials (05:54)
- Pinterest (06:10)
- Ideation Sketching (02:01)
- Starting in Photoshop (19:03)
- Adobe Illustrator (18:14)
- Procreate App for iPad Pro (11:29)
- Ending with Photoshop (07:41)
- Wrapping Up (00:47)
The T-Shirt Design Master Collection is my largest bundle of t-shirt design resources: 64 t-shirt mockup templates, 605 textures for Photoshop and Illustrator, 25 logo templates, as well as T-Shirt Design Workshops 1 & 2.
My favorite resources are:
4) Ink Stamp Automator for Photoshop
Just copy & paste your design into this template to apply an instant ink stamp effect. Perfect for adding some interest to otherwise plain & simple logos or lettering.
These cracked ink "Plastisol" textures will make your t-shirt graphics look washed & worn like and old vintage tee. Plastisol textures are ideal to add a "thrift shop" look to your real-life t-shirt screen print designs, as well as your digital portfolio. Photoshop and Illustrator compatible.
Making your t-shirt designs look real is the best way to show your designs before sending them off to be printed. These templates will help your clients and customers visualize your designs. You can even change the fabric color, add a custom neck label, and warp your graphic to match the wrinkles in the fabric. These templates are formatted for Photoshop and Illustrator, but also work with CorelDraw and Affinity Designer & Affinity Photo.
Learn how to design a t-shirt like a pro. More than 3.5 hours of t-shirt design theory & instruction
Affinity Designer does not have a displacement map function (to warp your graphic). But all other mockup features work.
Affinity Photo, however, DOES have a displacement map function. It works best if you apply it to your graphic with a subtle amount of warping.
The Adobe Illustrator AI versions of the templates can be opened in CorelDraw. This applies to all of my men's & women's apparel mockup templates, except for Apparel Mockup Templates Variety Collection (because they are Photoshop only).
All mockup features work, except for the displacement map warping. CorelDraw has a displacement map feature, but I haven't been able to get reliable enough results to recommend this feature.
If you are interested in apparel mockup templates, I recommend ordering the Men's and Women's All-In-One Bundles:
This video shows how to use Opacity Masks in Adobe Illustrator to add texture to your t-shirt designs, logos, and lettering. It also covers how to export your design as a transparent PNG, which is a preferred file format for Direct-to-Garment (DTG) printing, Print-on-Demand (POD), and Amazon Merch.
In case you missed it, here's a video showing how to use textures, layer masks, and brushes in Adobe Photoshop.
It has a unique mix of retro, modern, and classic styles that will instantly spice up your designs. It works well on a plain background, incorporated into a logo, as a type-based t-shirt design, or layered on top of photos (my favorite method). Go here to find out more about AVISTA.
Sneak peek of a new font under construction.
Details to be released soon.