How Hawaii, surfing, and old cars come together in a freelance t-shirt graphic:
In this one hour workshop, we’ll cover:
- How to find and apply inspiration
- The various analog and digital tools you will need to create t-shirt designs.
- How to move seamlessly between Photoshop, Illustrator, and the Procreate App for iPad so your designs come out as good or better than you had initially imagined
- Type layout using Adobe Typekit fonts in Illustrator
- How to incorporate hand-drawn effects into a computer-based design
As a bonus you will also receive:
- All working Photoshop and Illustrator files demonstrated in this class
- A Photoshop texture brush for you to use with your designs
- A custom Procreate App brush for you to use with your designs
What are the requirements?
- Students should have some prior knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator. Skills such as how to scan images into Photoshop, an understanding of layers, and how to size images. This is not a basic entry level course for Photoshop and Illustrator.
Curriculum (video lectures)
- Introduction (01:23)
- Tools and Materials (05:54)
- Pinterest (06:10)
- Ideation Sketching (02:01)
- Starting in Photoshop (19:03)
- Adobe Illustrator (18:14)
- Procreate App for iPad Pro (11:29)
- Ending with Photoshop (07:41)
- Wrapping Up (00:47)