Hello! Today I have a new free download and a tutorial showing how you can make paint swirl effects using Liquitex Pouring Medium and acrylic inks.
Here's how it's done:
Here's where to download the high resolution scan of the finished image that you can use in your own artwork:
- Liquitex Pouring Medium
- Daler Rowney Acrylic Artist Ink -and/or- Liquitex Professional Acrylic Ink
- Generic clear squeeze bottles
- Gessoed Art Board by Speedball 12" x 16" x 1/8"
- Matte Medium (any brand will do)
- Cardboard box to catch ink runoff
- Paper cups to lift art board (so it doesn't adhere to the cardboard box)
I hope you like this week's tutorial and free download. Go give this a try. Make a bit of a mess, and see what you can come up with!
These free downloads are made possible by supporters of my Premium Design Resources on TheVectorLab:
© 2015 TheVectorLab. You can use this resource in your personal AND professional design projects. Please do not redistribute this download file. However, sharing the above jpeg image with a link directly to this blog page is permitted and encouraged.